Drivers for sustainability policy
Polarteknik has been an ISO14001 certified company for years. Some customers have required an external rating for environmental and working conditions. Ecovadis – sustainability rating systems was selected, and it is based on a yearly re-certification. Management systems covered are Environment, Labor & human rights, ethics and sustainable procurement.
Finnish legislation has historically been very advanced in considering many ethical aspects of sustainable management e.g. child labor, slavery and working hours.
Customer requirements are more and more taking into
account environmental aspects
- Product recyclability
- Ratio of recycled materials in the products
- Ratio of recycled materials in the supply process
- End of life and obsolescence management
- ISO22628 recyclability and recoverability calculation
Sustainable development goals from United Nations
- Agenda 2030 – 17 goals and 169 targets